The Housatonic Heritage Oral History Center at Berkshire Community College is offering a paid internship in the Summer, 2023, which may continue into Fall semester of 2023.
We are a community oral history center, which means we help community organizations in the region to create, organize, and safely archive the stories of people who live here. Our work and those of our partners represent just about every kind of story telling project.
A sample of our projects and those of our partners
- Berkshire Conservation Oral History Project
• Berkshire Community College OHP (the first community college in Massachusetts)
- Essential Workers OHP (during the pandemic)
• Pandemic Stories Project (with BCC students and elders)
- DuBois Freedom Center (formerly Clinton Church Restoration- New)
• Tyringham UBU Theater
- NAACP-Berkshire Branch Oral History Project
- Monterey Library Oral History
• Food Story Circles & other Story Circles
- Paper Town: Paper Makers Project
- A Sense of Place, the Oral History Center podcast series.
•Four Town Oral History Inventory Project
The internship will include working with digital files and carefully handling digital collections. Sample Internship work:
- Work on digital records management (make sure the interviews get safely shepherded into the digital archive) •Digital copy recording from various media •Create blog posts • Curate photos and audio/video for use on the site/blog •Post interviews and related materials on digital platforms.
The intern will be trained to do the work the internship requires.
Judith Monachina, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.theoralhistorycenter.org/ We are located in 107 Koussevitzky Hall, Berkshire Community College. This internship is a combination of virtual and onsite work, and may include working onsite at one or more partner locations.